I need to install and license gINT and Datgel Generation 3 software on a PC. What is the procedure?
Datgel License system user account
In April-June 2022 this is the process: Your Organization's License Administrator should have invited you to create an Datgel license system user account from https://id.datgel.com/orgadmin/invitations/create.
In July 2022, our three client facing web apps www.datgel.com, support.datgel.com and id.datgel.com will have a SSO hence sharing the same user name and password for users. Further, there will be an option to federate with Azure AD.
Download the current recommended release of gINT and gINT Civil Tools Professional Plus from https://softwaredownloads.bentley.com/ and log-in using your Bentley Select Username and password, for detailed instructions see How to download gINT from Bentley Website.
- Install gINT:
- When the Custom Setup install wizard form appears, generally you should set "gINT Standard User Files" to "Entire feature will be unavailable". This will eliminate the confusion caused by accidentally opening a standard library or data template instead of your company's existing custom files that are probably stored on a file server.
- Select the gINT product you are licensed for (Logs, Professional or Professional Plus). If you pick the wrong gINT product, you will get QTL invoices for the excess use! You can select the correct gINT product level later, from the gINT Help menu.
- If you hold a license for gINT Professional or gINT Professional Plus, then install gINT Civil Tools Professional Plus. If you have a license for gINT Logs, do not install gINT Civil Tools. Also, install this component https://cdn.datgel.com/outgoing/AccessDatabaseEngine_X64-2016.exe, if you have problems installing see.
- Download the Datgel Toolbox installer and product package(s) from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
- Extract the zip/7z product package(s) to a folder
- Install the Datgel Toolbox on the client PC. Generally you can simply install all product options. If you need to run a Generation 2 version of a product, do not install the Generation 3 version of that product.
- If Datgel created a company-specific set of gINT user files incorporating your logo and configuration, then please find this and extract the zip/7z file to a folder. This can be found at the bottom of https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts. The files are probably already extracted and on your file server if so use these files.
- Run gINT by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut. First ensure you are logged into the Bentley Connection Client (program in system tray).
- If you are using gINT for the first time:
- You will be asked to browse to a library, select Library “<your company name> #.## lib.glb”
- The company information form will display, and you will need to enter your company name in the yellow box.
- The partial System Properties form will display, select the option that best suit you localization. Do not enable European Numeric Format.
- Open the Library “<your company name> #.## lib.glb” and the project “<your company name> #.##.gpj”. Make new projects by cloning the data template “<your company name> #.##.gdt”.
- The first time you cause the Datgel program to run, which maybe at gINT start up, your default web browser will open and you will be asked to login using your Datgel license credentials.
- You can change gINT product levels by selecting the other level from the Help menu, e.g. Help > Launch gINT Logs.
- There may be other files in the Datgel product package gINT files folder that you will need to fully utilize the Datgel product, such as correspondence files. You may like to copy this to the same folder as your company specific set of gINT user files.
- Set the System properties up, see the DGD Tool user guide - Configure Optimal System Properties.
There is no content with the specified labels