gINT is installed and licensed on a PC, I now need to install Generation 3 Datgel software. What is the procedure?
License system user account
All users should register on www.datgel.com using their company email address and their company office address, this creates a Datgel ID and gives access to the license and full version downloads.
Our three client facing web apps www.datgel.com, support.datgel.com and id.datgel.com have a SSO hence sharing the same user name and password for users (Datgel ID). Further, there is an option to federate with Azure AD.
- Uninstall old generation 2 Datgel products that are to be replaced by Generation 3.
- Download the Datgel Toolbox Installer and product package(s) from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
- Extract the zip/7z product package(s) to a folder
- Install the Datgel Toolbox on the client PC. Generally you can simply install all product options. If you need to run a Generation 2 version of a product, do not install the Generation 3 version of that product.
- If Datgel created a company-specific set of gINT user files incorporating your logo and configuration, then please find this and extract the zip/7z file to a folder. This can be found at the bottom of https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts. The files are probably already extracted and on your file server if so use these files.
- Run gINT by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut.
- Open the Library “<your company name> #.## lib.glb” and the project “<your company name> #.##.gpj”. Make new projects by cloning the data template “<your company name> #.##.gdt”.
- The first time you cause the Datgel program to run, which maybe at gINT start up, your default web browser will open and you will be asked to login using your Datgel license credentials.
- There may be other files in the Datgel product package gINT files folder that you will need to fully utilize the Datgel product, such as correspondence files. You may like to copy this to the same folder as your company specific set of gINT user files.
- Set the System properties up, see the DGD Tool user guide - Configure Optimal System Properties.
For more information refer to the Datgel user guides in each link here.
There is no content with the specified labels