I've been using gINT and Datgel software on one PC, and now need to install it on another PC. What is the procedure?
We will assume your Datgel USB key(s) are already active and programmed with the current product version, and if you have a network license the Datgel Network Key License Server already set up on another computer.
Download the current recommended release of gINT 10 and gINT Civil Tools from http://select.bentley.com/FulfillmentCenter and log-in using your Bentley Select Username and password, for detailed instructions see How to download gINT from Bentley Website. If you hold a license for gINT Pro, then download gINT Civil Tools Professional, or if you have a license for gINT Pro Plus download gINT Civil Tools Pro Plus. If you have a license for gINT Logs, do not download gINT Civil Tools.
- Install gINT.
- When the Custom Setup install wizard form appears, generally you should set "gINT Standard User Files" to "Entire feature will be unavailable". This will eliminate the confusion caused by accidentally opening a standard library or data template instead of your company's existing custom files that are probably stored on a file server.
- Select the gINT product you are licensed for (Logs, Professional or Professional Plus). [If you pick the wrong gINT product, you will get QTL invoices for the excess use!]
- Then download the Datgel product package(s) from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
- Extract the zip/7z package to a folder.
- Install the Datgel product program on the client PC. Run the setup.exe file (not the MSI), since this will ensure dependencies are installed.
- Plug the Datgel USB key into your client pc if you have a Datgel single user hardware key license. If you have a Datgel network license skip this step.
- If you have access to the existing PC running Datgel software, you can copy the XML files from "C:\ProgramData\Datgel" to the same location on the new PC. This will allow you to skip configuring the Datgel license details.
- If Datgel created a company-specific set of gINT user files incorporating your logo and configuration, then please find this and extract the zip/7z file to a folder. The files are probably already extracted and on your file server if so use these files.
- Run gINT by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut. First ensure you are logged into the Bentley Connection Client (program in system tray)
- Open the Library “<your company name> #.## lib.glb” and the project “<your company name> #.##.gpj”. Make new projects by cloning the data template “<your company name> #.##.gdt”.
- If you are using the DGD Tool, at this point you will need to validate the license. See the Datgel license system user guide on how to validate a license. If you did step 7, then skip this.
- You can change gINT product levels by selecting the other level from the Help menu, e.g. Help > Launch gINT Logs.
- If you hold a license for gINT Pro, then install gINT Civil Tools Professional, or if you have a license for gINT Pro Plus install gINT Civil Tools Pro Plus. If you have a license for gINT Logs, do not install gINT Civil Tools. Also, install this component https://cdn.datgel.com/outgoing/AccessDatabaseEngine_X64-2016.exe, if you have problems installing see.
- There may be other files in the Datgel product package gINT files folder that you will need to fully utilise the Datgel product, such as correspondence files. You may like to copy this to the same folder as your company specific set of gINT user files.
- Set the System properties up, see the DGD Tool user guide.
- Validate any other Datgel product license by selecting Windows Start menu > Datgel License Administrator 2, or gINT INPUT | Add-Ins > Datgel <Product> Tool > Licensing. See the Datgel license system user guide on how to validate a license. If you did step 7, then skip this.
For more information refer to the Datgel user guides here.
All Bentley software users must be logged in the Connection Client when running Bentley applications or cloud services. Follow the steps in Register users for gINT Connection Client (Site Administrator) article to register your users.