About Datgel Photo Tool
The Datgel Photo Tool gINT Add-In makes it quick and easy to link, organise and print core box photos, test pit photos, surface photos, sketches and more in gINT.
The photos are recorded in a table in gINT and sorted by depth or image number. Metadata such as date taken and description are also retrieved automatically. Included with the Photo Tool are graphic table and log reports, which can output your photos, grouped by PointID, ordered by depth or image number, and layouts of 1, 2 or 4 photos per page are available.
New in Version program 4.0 / gINT Files 6.0
- Toolbox installer
- Generation 3 license system
- Reports renamed to start with PHOTO
- New reports for Core photo landscape 2 per page
New in Version 3.2
- .NET 4.8
- Bug fix for error thrown when PROJECT_OPTIONS table didn't have a record
- Full English/USCS Unit support
- Single .exe installer
Extended validation code signing certificate, to avoid windows warning during installation
- Full English/USCS Unit support, and Letter page size reports
New in Version 3.1
- Single User Hardware Key support for Win 8, Win 8.1 and Server 2012
- AGS RTA database structure no longer supported
- Option to control the logo in reports using the new field Office in Project table
- New report Letter page sizes
- Options moved to PROJECT_OPTIONS table, including:
- User definable end of PointID flag
- Image Depth Format
- Existing, Parent Initial Image Folder
New in Version 3.0
- Tool now supports gINT Professional Plus SQL Server databases, as well as Access databases
- New field to support SQL Server: PROJECT.Parent_Initial_Image_Folder; Optional for Access, required for SQL Server. Stores the parent folder/directory path containing the sub-folders of images
- Reports now accept Image Number with Alphanumeric strings, and will order photos
- File naming validation reported when linking images, including:
- File extension
- Non-existent PointIDs
- Depth > Bottom
- Depth or Bottom > Hole Depth
- User definable order of Image Types in combo box on Photo Tool form
- Library reporting code optimised and reorganised
New in Version 2.0
- Description text configuration, to allow the user full control over what identification and description information displays below the photos on reports.
- New images types
- Title block on Graphic Table reports, making the reports instantly usable and presentable.
- Example log showing images by depth, which allows you to copy the example of a downhole image into your existing gINT log report.
- More graphic table reports for samples and vibrocores.
- Hardware Key licensing with Single User and Network options
- Improved documentation
About this Document
This document describes how to install and use the Datgel Photo Tool gINT Add-In. It is intended for use by new and existing gINT users, and should be read in conjunction with gINT's documentation.
- Bentley gINT User Guides, installed with gINT and stored in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\gINTCL\docs
You are eligible for support and maintenance if the DSM subscription for your license is current. For technical support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8202 8600 or +65 6631 9780.
Please check that you have named the files and folder correctly (as described in Linking images to the database) before contacting us.
- The product runs optimally using gINT Professional or gINT Professional Plus, version 8.20.800.00 (2/Jul/2010) or higher.
Hardware and Operating System
Windows 7 and Server 2008 or later, otherwise no additional system requirements to those for gINT.
Required Windows Components
- Windows Installer 4.5
- .NET 4.8 Framework
Conventions and typography used in this guide
Used to indicate a series of menu commands, e.g. Select File > Open.
Used to indicate a gINT Application Group, Application, Table Group or Table , e.g. DATA DESIGN | Project Database.
Items you must select, command buttons, or items in a list, e.g. Navigate to UTILITIES | Convert Projects (4th tab).
Use to emphasize the importance of a point such as parameters, e.g. Data Entry – Check Omit Must Save prompt when save is required.
Names of keys on the keyboard, for example, SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT.
Key combinations, for example CTRL+P, or ALT+F4.
Indicates a code snippet within a paragraph.
Indicates a sample program codes inserted in user guide e.g.
File name or path
Used for formatting file name and paths e.g. abc lib.glb or V:\10 gINT\Datgel Install Files.
Database table name, e.g. POINT_TABLE.
Database field name; e.g. PointID.
Command line, presented exactly as it must be entered e.g. cdir.
Each of the fields in the project tables have been coloured to improve the data entry process as indicated the following table.
Field Name and Explanation
gINT Key Field – mandatory data entry
AGS Data – data associated with the AGS Data Interchange Format
Calculated Field – data is written to this field by Datgel's code
Brown - Green
Data Enter and Calculated field
Data Entry Field – data should be entered into this field, or data in this field influences the calculation
Legacy Data Field – historic data entered here, is typically from an old database
Output Option – used to control how data displays on a report
Remark or Metadata Field – additional data associated with the primary information