You will need to update a hardware key in order to use a new product version, add more license seats, or add additional products.
1. For the purpose of this process, install a Datgel product on a PC running operating system Vista, Windows 7, or Server 2008. This process cannot be carried out on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Server 2012 or Server 2016. In addition, the process can't be done on Windows XP, Server 2003 since our software now uses .NET 4.5. You can run the Datgel program for normal tasks on the newer operating systems.
You must be using Win 7, Vista, or Server 2008 for this process. If you do not have a PC that using Win 7, Vista or Server 2008, please make support tickets here: https://support.datgel.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3 or email email@example.com, and we will explain how to use a Virtual Machine to do this process.
2. You should have received an email with a URL address for an activation file. The activation file will be in the format of a ZIP file. Download the file to your local directory. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE.
3. Only have the hardware key you wish to update plugged into the local PC. Ensure all other hardware keys are not attached to the local PC. You must have the hardware key plugged into the local PC in order to Import a License file.
4. From the Start > All Programs > Datgel > Datgel License Administrator.
5. Select the menu command Tools > Import License File.
6. Click Browse to find the activation ZIP file, and click Open.
7. Optional: If your activation email included a password, enter it in the Password field. We do not normally issue passwords.
8. Click Import on the Import License dialog. The process takes a few seconds.
NOTE: If you do not have Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC, then see step 9 below, else go to step 12.
9. If you do not have Microsoft Outlook installed, you will be prompted to save the confirmation file on your PC. Take note of the file path in case you need to find the file later.
Click Copy Attachment File to copy the file to your clipboard.
10. Create a new email and attach the saved file. Please write a description of your license request in the email.
11. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. If you have Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC, then a new email is created automatically and the confirmation attachment is inserted into it.
Click Send in the Outlook message to email@example.com to complete the confirmation.
13. Click Close to confirm the licence request email has been sent successfully.
14. You may now delete the temporary folder that was created on your desktop.
15. Click Close.
16. The Hardware Key has now been updated.