About Datgel DGD Tool
gINT software provides sophisticated and flexible support for geotechnical and geoenvironmental data management and reporting. Based on a user-friendly database, it eliminates repetitive data entry and reduces human errors. The Datgel DGD Tool (DGDT) extends the capability of gINT for geotechnical, contaminated land and hydrogeological site investigations and geotechnical lab result storage, and reporting, and is also the native database for Datgel's tools.
- Longer, understandable table and field names
- Support for AGS 3.1, AGS 3.1(SG), AGS 3.1 RTA 1.1, AGS 4, AGS 4 NZ
- AS, ASTM, BSI and NZGS logging standards and component description; Can support all of these using one library and data template, hence one system can be used in many countries using different standards
- Over 300 reports for in situ and lab reporting: log, fence, summary graph, histogram, table reports, and maps
- DLL Program with:
- Calculations for SPT, core, soil classification, and borehole related validation
- Point load test data entry and calculations
- PI and LI calculations
- Lab Data Entry Form - easy data entry of simple lab results
- Multiple productivity tools to make your data entry task easier
- DCP pre-population and calculation of correlations for CBR and bearing capacity
- Show/hide tables based on usage scenario
- Import tool
- Excel export tool
- Soil/rock mass classification
- Processing and querying of 3D surfaces, alignments and tidal data
New in Version 5
- .NET 4.8 and code optimisation
- Features of the Datgel Administrator Tools included: AGS Format Tool, Convert Projects Tool, Export Tool, Find or Set Property Tool, Import Correspondence File to Field Map Tool, Lookup List Check Tool and SQL Tool.
- Draft AGS4 Australia and Orsted AGS4+ Format import/export
- Minor database changes - particularly with Consolidation tables
- SPT reported result line wrap option
- Automated calculation of Fracture Frequency and Average Defect Spacing from Defect data
- Unit conversion tool added, all configuration are not developed
- Single .exe installer, if you need an msi extract it using 7-zip
Extended validation code signing certificate, to avoid windows warning during installation
- Copy field
- Downhole Survey
- Material Name and Material Term to Depth related tables
- Import lab data, automatically poking data into correct sample
- Export and import of excel file with truncated sheet names
New in Version 4
- AS 1726 2017 support
- QLD TMR Geotechnical logging Standard lookup lists
- New Reports
- Specification check and examples
- Design Line on parameter RL/depth graphs
- SPT calculation options
- Review and fixes to support SQL Server
- Auto populate bottom fields from previous record's depth
- Calculation of sample recovered length
- Logs Edition - entry level product ideal for user with gINT Logs, or for field data collection using gINT. Only log reports and program features directly related to logging are included. AGS format support not included.
- Professional Edition - has all features.
Detailed Feature Matrix
|Fence, Graph, Histogram, Table, Document and Site Map Reports
|AGS Import/Export correspondence files
|Validation of colour data on AS Strata Soil and Strata Rock tables
|Validation of depths
|Auto population of Consistency Density and Moisture Condition tables
|Auto population of Core and SPT tables
|Auto calculation of 3d Cylinder Colour on Strata Main tables
|Auto calculation of Sample Date and Time
|PSD statistics and specimen description calculation
|SPT design line calculations
|DCP pre-population and calculations
|Point Load Test calculations
|Core table calculations
|Auto population of Data Marker and colour on the POINT table
|Calculation of In_Situ_Pore_Pressure, Total_Stress and Effective_Stress for SPECIMEN table records
|Rock UCS Average Calculations
|Point Load Test Form
|Lab Data Entry Table
|Material Mass Classification Tool - Current PointID, and All PointIDs
|Populate Hide Scenario Library Tables
|Excel Export Tool
|Field and Lab Description Comparison
|Set Coordinate Chainage Offset
|Surface File Pre-process
|Set Elevation or Depth from Surface
|Set Seabed Elevation
About this Document
This document describes how to install and use the DGDT and many day to day features of gINT. It is intended for use by new and existing gINT users, and should be read in conjunction with gINT's documentation.
- Bentley gINT User Guides, installed with gINT and stored in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\gINTCL\docs
- Datgel Fence and Map Tool User Guide - Extensive range of fence reporting option based on the DGD database structure. Dynamically defined scale bars on both fence and map reports. Dynamically defined fence post and map data marker legends. Pages sizes ranging from A4 to A1
- Procedure for Checking AGS Data - Describes checking and review procedures for AGS Format data
- The product runs optimally using gINT Logs, gINT Professional or gINT Professional Plus, version 8.20.800.00 (2/Jul/2010) or higher. However, with gINT Logs you may only output log reports
Hardware and Operating System
Windows 7 / Server 2008 or later, otherwise same system requirements as gINT 10.
Required Windows Components
- Windows Installer 4.5
- .NET 4.8 Framework
Conventions and typography used in this guide
Used to indicate a series of menu commands, e.g. Select File > Open.
Used to indicate a gINT Application Group, Application, Table Group or Table , e.g. DATA DESIGN | Project Database.
Items you must select, command buttons, or items in a list, e.g. Navigate to UTILITIES | Convert Projects (4th tab).
Use to emphasize the importance of a point such as parameters, e.g. Data Entry – Check Omit Must Save prompt when save is required.
Names of keys on the keyboard, for example, SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT.
Key combinations, for example CTRL+P, or ALT+F4.
Indicates a code snippet within a paragraph.
Indicates a sample program codes inserted in user guide e.g.
File name or path
Used for formatting file name and paths e.g. abc lib.glb or V:\10 gINT\Datgel Install Files.
Database table name, e.g. POINT_TABLE.
Database field name; e.g. PointID.
Command line, presented exactly as it must be entered e.g. cdir.
Each of the fields in the project tables have been coloured to improve the data entry process as indicated the following table.
Field Name and Explanation
gINT Key Field – mandatory data entry
AGS Data – data associated with the AGS Data Interchange Format
Calculated Field – data is written to this field by Datgel's code
Brown - Green
Data Enter and Calculated field
Data Entry Field – data should be entered into this field, or data in this field influences the calculation
Legacy Data Field – historic data entered here, is typically from an old database
Output Option – used to control how data displays on a report
Remark or Metadata Field – additional data associated with the primary information