There is a huge difference between gINT and Datgel Add-Ins and sometimes it is not clear for new users.
gINT software (from Bentley Systems) is a leading software for Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental data management and reporting. It is the platform/core program, where you can create a database structure with tables and fields and includes a reporting engine where you can design customised reports. There are 3 product levels (Logs, Pro and Pro Plus) and the differences are described here: https://www.datgel.com/gint-comparison. When you purchase gINT, you have access to some example user files (library/data template etc). You can create/delete tables and fields according to your business or project needs. Also, a few reports are included in the example libraries, and you can create new reports or modify the existing ones.
What are Datgel Add-Ins to gINT?
Datgel Add-Ins or Tools are a range of products developed by Datgel to enhance your gINT experience. Datgel is an independent company, we have a developer partner agreement with Bentley Systems and with Microsoft. The Tools are built on top of gINT, so you need gINT to run Datgel Add-Ins. We use Microsoft and gINT technology (and some other third party technologies), and they were developed by geotechnical engineers and software engineers. The Datgel Tools fill the gap between off the shelf gINT and your needs, hence they make your starting point much closer to where you want to be, so you need to develop less yourself saving 100's to 1000s of hours for your organisation.
An Add-In consists of a number of aspects
- gINT project database / data template
- gINT Library, with reports and look up lists etc. Some Add-Ins include over 300 reports
- gINT correspondence files for import and exporting of data
- A program, provided as a installer file
- Example data files, such as CPT data files, image files, and excel files
- Documentation, now provided online on https://docs.datgel.com
- SQL Server script files, only with DSTE
- Web application files, only with DSTE
All these aspects are licensed, so you are not permitted to provide them to other companies, and they should be only used within the geography allowed by your license type.