Datgel Generation 3 is a major new release, and includes:
- Single installer for all products.
- Cloud hosted license system.
- Identity system used by all Datgel client facing web apps and license system. Referred to as Datgel ID. This works with www.datgel.com, id.datgel.com and support.datgel.com
- Automated provision of compiled gINT File packages for each client's Datgel product combination, including with client's logo applied.
- Support for AGS 4.1.1 and AGS 4.1.1 AU 1.2 (in addition to AGS 3.1 RTA 1.1, AGS 3.1 and AGS 4.0).
- Migration of single user licenses with DSM to country network licenses.
The latest Datgel Toolbox installer is on https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
The customer's Org Admin user is created by Datgel, and the user would need to set their password on https://id.datgel.com/user/forgot/password
The Org Admin user can use the https://id.datgel.com/orgadmin interface to manage your Datgel licenses. New users are created by self registering on www.datgel.com with a company domain email and the relevant country in their address. They will be automatically linked to the licenses and have access to download software. Further, id.datgel.com can be federated with Azure Active Directory which means users and login with their office365/company domain credentials.
- New PC installation for Datgel Software
- New PC installation for gINT and Datgel Software
- Datgel Toolbox installer
- OrgAdmin Operation
- Licensing Manager Operation
- Logout Datgel User
- Azure AD federation setup
- Firewall exceptions for Generation 3
- License errors
How does the new license work?
It is based on users linked to an organization, and the system is hosted in the cloud.
The first time you cause the Datgel program to run, which may be at gINT start up, your default web browser will open, and you will be asked to login using your Datgel ID.
You don't need to log out from the Datgel license system. In online mode the license seat is held for 10 min from when the Datgel tool is first used in that session of gINT, after 9 min the entitlement is refreshed if gINT is open. To release a license, close gINT and wait up to 10 min, or use the Release All button in Datgel Licensing Administrator.
The checkout mode is basically like the online mode just the 10 min is changed to the period you select. To manage check outs, open Datgel Licensing Manager.
Datgel Licensing Manager app can be launched from the windows start menu and from an Add-in menu in gINT.
Steps for migration from Datgel Generation 2 to Generation 3
Datgel would have emailed the OrgAdmin user, and their email address is their id.datgel.com username.
- The OrgAdmin user must set a password here https://id.datgel.com/user/forgot/password
- Then the OrgAdmin user must login to https://id.datgel.com/orgadmin
- Have users register on www.datgel.com using the company email and use the office address. You can set some users to be OrgAdmin.
- Download the latest Datgel Toolbox installer from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
- On each client pc:
- Uninstall old Datgel programs, e.g. Datgel CPT Tool and Datgel DGD Tool
- Install Datgel Toolbox
- Start gINT, and cause a Datgel Tool to run. Login when browser shows using an end user credentials.
- Optionally download the latest complied or custom gINT Files from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts, and use the new version. You may wish to convert old projects to the new data template.
Destroy the old USB Hardware keys, or return them to Datgel
When you have migrated over, please take photos of the USB keys such that we can read the numbers on the metal tip. Then squash the silver tip with a hammer or vice, and take a photo of the broken keys. Email both sets of photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to prove the keys are disabled.
Alternatively, courier the old USB keys to one of these addresses.
Attention to: Phil Wade <email@example.com>
- Datgel Pty Ltd, Level 5 & 6, 616 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007 Australia
T: +61 2 8202 8600
- Datgel Asia Pte Ltd, 100 Amoy Street, 069920 Singapore
T: +65 6631 9780
Please define a value of no more than USD 10 per key.
If you are located in Singapore, you may use SingPost, and if you are located in Australia you may use Australia Post.
- Usage data reporting for OrgAdmin users
- User management for OrgAdmin from www.datgel.com
- Immediate license issuance after webstore purchase
- Immediate automatic release of licenses when gINT is closed
- Apply to Security Tool Enterprise web app