gINT is installed and licensed on a PC, I now need to install Datgel software. What is the procedure?
We will assume your Datgel USB key(s) are already active and programmed with the current product version, and if you have a network license the Datgel Network Key License Server already set up on another computer.
- Download the Datgel product package(s) from https://www.datgel.com/customer/downloadableproducts
- Extract the zip/7z package to a folder. Note the Documentation folder has the license system user guide, product user guide, example reports and the EULA.
- Install the Datgel product program on the client PC. Run the setup.exe file (not the MSI), since this will ensure dependencies are installed.
- Plug the Datgel USB key into your client pc if you have a Datgel single user hardware key license. If you have a Datgel network license skip this step.
- If you have access to an existing PC running Datgel software, you can copy the XML files from "C:\ProgramData\Datgel" to the same location on the new PC. This will allow you to skip configuring the Datgel license details.
- If Datgel created a company-specific set of gINT user files incorporating your logo and configuration, then please find this and extract the zip/7z file to a folder. The files are probably already extracted and on your file server if so use these files.
- Run gINT by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut.
- Open the Library “<your company name> #.## lib.glb” and the project “<your company name> #.##.gpj”. Make new projects by cloning the data template “<your company name> #.##.gdt”.
- If you are using the DGD Tool, at this point you will need to validate the license. See the User Guide on how to validate a license. If you did step 5, then skip this.
- There may be other files in the Datgel product package gINT files folder that you will need to fully utilize the Datgel product, such as correspondence files. You may like to copy this to the same folder as your company specific set of gINT user files.
- Set the System properties up, see the DGD Tool User Guide.
- Validate any other Datgel product license by selecting Windows Start menu > Datgel License Administrator 2, or gINT INPUT | Add-Ins > Datgel <Product> Tool > Licensing. See the Datgel license system user guide on how to validate a license. If you did step 5, then skip this.
For more information refer to the Datgel user guides here: https://www.datgel.com/documentation