About Datgel CPT Tool
The Datgel CPT Tool gINT Add-In is designed to streamline the processing and interpretation of Cone Penetration Test and Dissipation Test data. It is purchased and licensed separately from the host gINT software, and is supported by Datgel.
Key features of the Add-In include:
- Designed for flexibility and user configuration
- Allows ASCII data files in numerous standard and propriety formats to be imported
- Ability to filter out rod changes
- Automatic calculation of derived parameters
- More than 100 preconfigured published correlations are calculated, written to the database and ready for presentation on fence, graph and log reports
- The Add-In allows the soil type and consistency/density to be interpreted based on user-defined parameters, and then a summary can be transferred to the soil description and consistency/density table
- User-definable correlation formulas
- Determination of pile axial capacity and shallow foundation settlement
- Liquefaction related correlations
- Dissipation test analysis
- More than 600 preconfigured customisable log, graph and fence reports
- User definable line colours, types and scales
New in Version 5.0
- Datgel generation 3 cloud hosted license
- Formula Tool iteration <=-1, before derived parameters
- Formula Tool iteration 0, mid way through derived parameters
- Bulk Unit Weight from Formula Tool
- Import and export of AGS 4.1.1 and AGS 4.1.1 AU 1.2
- Datum Neptune import support for new data file version
- Pagani TGAS08 csv import support for new data file version
- Gorilla file import deal high precision data
- Rename English Units to USC
- 1.5% Rf line on logs
- Option to set max scale via URV for log
- Zero fields moved to new Zero table, off CPT_GENERAL
New in Version 4.2
- Fixed SQL Server update error
- .NET 4.8
- Imports data from Hogentogler (*.txt) file format
- Pagani data import updated
- Single .exe installer
Extended validation code signing certificate, to avoid windows warning during installation
- Fence reports optimized
New in Version 4.1
- Features of the Datgel Administrator Tools now included in CPT Tool: AGS Format Tool, Convert Projects Tool, Export Tool, Find and Set Property Tool, Import Correspondence File to Field Map Tool, Lookup List Check Tool, and SQL Tool
- GEF 1.1.3 CPT and Dissipation Test export
New in Version 4.0
- Support for gINT 10 Connect Edition
- Revised database structure, with new table CPT_DATA_CORRELATION
- Specification calculation
- Calculation for 2 qc design lines
- Thermal Conductivity data tables and import
- Dissipation test report with qc graph below u graph
- More data file import options - Geomil Excel, Datum Thermal Conductivity, Fugro Uniplot
- Magnetometer cone derivations and presentation
- CPT Compaction Boxes
- Datgel Import Engine for SQL Server
- P-wave fields and reports
- Completed reporting options for all data columns
- Deep vibratory compaction weighted average calculation and reports
- Fill height now considered when calculating rd in CSR
- Hole Depth updated after inclination add-ins and CPT calcs
- Permeability / hydraulic conductivity 2010-Robertson
- Variable Stick width on Fence reports
You are eligible for support and maintenance if the DSM subscription for your license is current. For technical support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8202 8600 or +65 6631 9780.
The product supports gINT version 8.20.800.00 (2/Jul/2010) or newer.
The use of gINT Professional or gINT Professional Plus is recommended as these versions include fence and graph reports which are featured in the CPT Tool. The product will run using gINT Logs.
Hardware and Operating System
Windows 7 and Server 2018 or later, otherwise no additional system requirements to those for gINT.
Required Windows Components
- Windows Installer 4.5
- .NET 4.8 Framework
Installation and Activation
Before the CPT Tool can be used, you need to:
- Complete the installation procedure (see Installation and Licensing)
- Activate the product (see Datgel Product Licensing System User Guide)
About this Guide
This document is intended for use by both new users of Datgel CPT Tool, and users who are ready to explore some of its more advanced features. It is assumed you are a geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist with an understanding of soil mechanics, CPT field operation procedures and user level skills with MS windows and gINT.
The Datgel CPT Tool is supplied with three database options – DGD SI metric with long table (e.g. CPT_POINT_PARAMETERS) and field names, DGD EN same names as DGD SI but with English/Imperial units, and AGS RTA with short AGS RTA-compliant names (e.g. GEOL) for non CPT tables.
Both DGD SI and AGS-RTA names are usually given, although only one is relevant to any given site. Screen images are not duplicated and usually show only the DGD SI version.
Conventions and typography used in this guide
Used to indicate a series of menu commands, e.g. Select File > Open.
Used to indicate a gINT Application Group, Application, Table Group or Table , e.g. DATA DESIGN | Project Database.
Items you must select, command buttons, or items in a list, e.g. Navigate to UTILITIES | Convert Projects (4th tab).
Use to emphasize the importance of a point such as parameters, e.g. Data Entry – Check Omit Must Save prompt when save is required.
Names of keys on the keyboard, for example, SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT.
Key combinations, for example CTRL+P, or ALT+F4.
Indicates a code snippet within a paragraph.
Indicates a sample program codes inserted in user guide e.g.
File name or path
Used for formatting file name and paths e.g. abc lib.glb or V:\10 gINT\Datgel Install Files.
Database table name, e.g. POINT_TABLE.
Database field name; e.g. PointID.
Command line, presented exactly as it must be entered e.g. cdir.
Each of the fields in the project tables have been coloured to improve the data entry process as indicated the following table.
Field Name and Explanation
gINT Key Field – mandatory data entry
AGS Data – data associated with the AGS Data Interchange Format
Calculated Field – data is written to this field by Datgel's code
Brown - Green
Data Enter and Calculated field
Data Entry Field – data should be entered into this field, or data in this field influences the calculation
Legacy Data Field – historic data entered here, is typically from an old database
Output Option – used to control how data displays on a report
Remark or Metadata Field – additional data associated with the primary information